Coin Operated Boy

My wife was right.  Last night, after humming this song around the house, she predicted that it would be stuck in my head this morning:



I find this song 50% annoying and 95% awesome.  It gets stuck in your head really bad, so use caution before watching. 

Amanda Palmer of The Dresden Dolls has done some pretty cool things, musically.  I really dig her solo album "Who Killed Amanda Palmer."  She also has an album of her just playing Ukulele songs, which is fun. 

One project she spearheaded was a band called 8in8.  She got together with author (and her husband) Neil Gaiman, Ben Folds and Damian Kulash of OK go.  They decided they were going to make an album of 8 songs in 8 hours.  They did it over the internet, getting suggestions for songs ideas from Twitter, and streaming the process of putting the songs together and recording them live on YouTube.   The end result was 6 songs in 12 hours.  You can buy the EP on her website for a dollar.  Surprisingly, the songs didn't turn out half-bad, and watching them get thrown together was fun.  I admire people with the talent to write music, and wish I had that gift. 

I JUST DECIDED I'M GOING TO HAVE A CONTEST!

If you comment on this blogpost, you could win one of 3 things:

-A CD of "The Best of the Songs Stuck In Brady's Head:  Volume 1" *


-A Bag of Teriyaki Beef Jerkey and those wax sticks with koolaid in the middle.  *



-A RARE VHS cassette featuring 3 of your favorite episodes from 1982's season of "Cheers."  A real treat for adoring fans worldwide.  *



Just place your comment below, tell me what you think about Oprah, The Spice Girls, Jersey Shore, or how dumb you think my blog is. 

I will randomly pick by number who wins these great prizes.  I will even ship them to the brave people in Russia, Germany and United Arab Emirates who are reading my blog too. 

The drawing will take place a week from today, April 14th.  No purchase necessary!

*Child Not Included






13 comments:

  1. IIIIIII WAAAAAAAANT JEEEEERRRRRRKKKKKEEEEEEEYYYY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cd!!! And I live ur blog it needs more home videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Brady and I agree wholeheartedly with mrhamatake that you should do more home videos. Your family is so talented it's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
    Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

    Wouldn't you like to get away?

    Sometimes you want to go

    Where everybody knows your name,
    and they're always glad you came.
    You wanna be where you can see,
    our troubles are all the same
    You wanna be where everybody knows
    Your name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did that by memory and didn't cheat and google the lyrics.

      Delete
  5. Ditto to the comments above. (even joe's) My thoughts on Oprah is that she is the sneakiest cult leader in the history of the world because her followers don't even realize they're in a cult. The Spice Girls are robots sent by aliens in an attempt to annhilate the human race through annoyance induced suicide. Unfortunately for the aliens they didn't understand the appetite of the human race for annoying pop songs. And the Jersey Shore is another attempt by the aliens to induce mass suicide, this time out of shame for our stupidity, but again they failed because they didn't understand the human appetite for watching other humans behave stupidly. Lastly, your blog is great and a bright point in my day. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since no purchase is necessary I think I would like to make a comment or two. I also admire people with musical talent. I went to a piano recital today for a friend who is getting her masters degree in piano performance. WOW! It was amazing. I also have a sister who can play the 2nd part to any song on her violin by ear. Thank the heavens above for people who are musical and for people who are cool like Oprah. "What up Oprah!" (That's what I say whenever I pass by her). The Spice Girls can still make me dance and I've never been to the shore of Jersey. I hope I don't win the jerky because I'm vegan! -Rachael Bowen Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Soooo hoping for the jerkey and kool-aid! Its good for business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I don't want anything, really, I don't. However I must comment on how incredibly annoying this song is. I can't get it out of my head and it's driving me CRAAAAAAAAAZY! Thank heavens there will always be a new song in my husband's head so he can get it stuck in mine to replace this one. HELP! :$

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it too late to reply! I LOVE your prizes and I LOVE this blog! I've always thought you had the best taste in music, finally I can get updates on what you're listening to and whats new. Thanks Brady! In the words of Nacho Libre, "I wanna ha-winnnn!!!"

    ReplyDelete