Don't Leave Me

Regina Spektor is back with my subconscious to share more music from her new album.  I finally bought it, and yes, it's very good and the music is very catchy- so plan on seeing more of this stuff as I keep sharing music. 

Today's song is called "Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas)"  Here's the music video:



I read over the lyrics to this song- and I can't figure out what they have to do with someone leaving another, other than the part of the song when she sings "Don't Leave Me" in French. 

This can be challenging to try to be creative when my subconscious chooses the song and therefore topic of my posts.  The title of this song has to do with abandonment, so I guess I'll stick with that. 

I've been married for 7 years.  My wife is very commited to me- and so I give you, the top ten reasons why my wife should have left years ago:

1)   I am a worthless piece of garbage when it comes to being handy around the house.  I can barely put a light bulb in.  I am not kidding. 

2)  I am a worthless piece of garbage when it comes to being motivated about doing anything worth while at all. 

3)  I am painfully NON-confrontational, forcing my wife to be the aggresive one in all confrontational situations. 

4)  I am an absurdly picky eater.  She has to cook, order and eat around this problem I have. 

5)  If I had to defend her honor in a fist fight, I would lose, no matter who it is, male/female, child/adult. 

6)  I am too cynical to be very romantic. 

7)  I can't sit down and just enjoy a blockbuster movie.  I am too busy dissecting it and wishing it was more arty farty. 

8)  I have a nubby thumb, fine and sometimes oily hair, no muscles, a pointy English nose, long lurpy arms and legs and a bubble butt. 

9)  She has to constantly tolerate my mad obsession with music- and wanting music to be playing as much as possible. 

10)  I haven't brushed my teeth since 1996, only shower when my in-laws come into town, and whenever I hear the word deoderant I have a seizure. 

(She had no idea what she was getting herself into)



So there you have it, I'm married to the most tolerant woman in the world.  I love her for putting up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment