You Are Not Alone

Well now, this is starting to turn into an interesting set of songs, first Wham! then Queen and now I'm hearing cheesy music by Michael Jackson, who was the king of pop from 1979-1990, which is the year that Macauley Culkin became his best friend.  

I'm posting a video that has all the lyrics, rather than the official music video.  This is good for 2 reasons.  First, you can sing along like it's your very own karaoke machine.  Second, and more importantly, this way you don't have to see Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley half-naked like they are in the music video.  You are very welcome. 



This song was written by R.Kelly for anyone who cares.  Michael Jackson died 3 years ago yesterday for anyone else who cares.

I think we all feel sort of sorrowful that his fame was ultimately his downfall.  Another I think is that "Thriller" (the album) was just so incredibly fantastic that it was impossible for him to match.  Listen to "Billie Jean," then listen to today's song.  It just doesn't compare.  But this was the song playing in my brain today, so I guess my subconscious feels otherwise. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay. You're posting songs I know. Good job. I'll get you hooked on the 80's slowly but surely!

    BTW, I Hate R. Kelly. "I believe I can fly" is quite possibly my very worst song. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to how much this song sounds like "i believe I can fly"

      Delete
    2. I don't know what's craziest, how much this sounds like I Believe I Can Fly or how accurately I remember that song. Now it's going to be stuck in my head for the next five weeks. Excuse me while I slit my wrists.

      Delete