Selfless, Cold & Composed

For those of you who know me well, it should surprise you that it's taken me this long to post a song from Ben Folds.  It surprises me as well. 

Undoubtedly, if the question comes up as to who my favorite singer/songwriter is, Ben Folds is the guy.  His music has always spoken to me from my angry teenage years and into adulthood.  Nobody expresses what it's like to be male, middle-class and white quite like Mr. Folds.  It's nerdy angst at its best. 

And it's great music too.  Today's song from "Whatever and Ever, Amen" is 15 years old, one of my favorite tracks from the album.  Here's SELFLESS, COLD AND COMPOSED.  (If you don't feel like listening to this, at least listen from about 2.20-3.20, between the piano, bass, drums and strings I think this is some of the most beautiful music Ben Folds has written.) 



For those who care, Ben Folds Five has reunited for an album which should be released toward the end of the year.  Here's a link if you're interested in what's going on:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/benfoldsfive/



One side note, just for a laugh- I got dressed in the dark this morning (like I always do) and managed to grab mismatched shoes, one of my more intelligent moments.  I wore them around work for 2 hours before I noticed.  Then I went home and changed them. 




Don't judge me.  

2 comments:

  1. why do you have two pair of black leather shoes? ...first mistake

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time. Ben was getting upset.

    ReplyDelete