We Are Young

I knew it wouldn't be long for this song to get stuck in my head one morning, what with it playing everywhere you go. 

I was thrilled for Fun. when I heard they were getting so much attention with this song and album.  But there is also a part of me that struggles to see their success because they were a cool little novelty band for me- but alas no more. 

Here's the song again, even though you can hear it on the radio, at the supermarket, at the gas station, at the club, in the bar, at the library, at the morgue, at your mom's house, at your private badminton lessons, atop of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, at the Laura Ingalls-Wilder history museum in Pepin Wisconsin etc. 

A special shout out to Lucy and Peyton who turned 5 and 8 respectively this week.  We celebrated by going to eat at McDonald's and IHOP respectively.  Nothing but the best for my kids: 






"We Are Young" all of us, but all getting older whether we like it or not.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley really enjoyed today's post, she couldn't stop dancing in her high chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brady, will you please let us know about "cool little novelty bands" before they are discovered by the rest of the world?

    ReplyDelete