Half Jack

I've had the fortune of having an amazingly kind and patient father.  It would seem that poor Amanda Palmer of The Dresden Dolls has not had the same thing.  Either that or she's singing about somebody else that has a lousy dad.  Or maybe she's singing about watermelons and Gallagher or something else important like that. 



Today's song, "Half Jack" I personally believe touches on this unfortunately common subject, dead-beat dads.  It uses the poem "Jack and Jill" as a metaphor- very clever- very dark and sad. 





I've already touched on Amanda Palmer a bit in the past.  I believe we'll be hearing lots from her in years to come.  Not only is she a great song writer with an intense passion for the arts, she's also headlined music news with the upcoming release of her new album "Theatre is Evil." 


Completely independent of a studio, she managed to raise well over a million dollars (of a 100,000$ goal!) from fans to fund the album's release.  She offered all kinds of valuable merchandise, including original art, music, and even a visit to a private party for the right price. 

Amanda Palmer may very well have revolutionized the way artists publish music. I know some artists like Ben Folds Five have already followed in her footsteps.

You can buy the forth coming album, donate to her cause or just see what's going on here:  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amandapalmer/amanda-palmer-the-new-record-art-book-and-tour 
  
The buzz is that it is cutting edge and incredible music.  I can't wait to hear it. 

Amanda's fund raising has inspired me!  I have an original work of art available.

This is a beautiful piece of work inspired by things that I love and beautiful neon colors, it's available to the highest bidder.  My fingers were practically bleeding when I was done I worked so hard on it.  And if you can believe it, I did it only with art supplies available to me in my work office!





 

Also for 500$ or some Hi-Chew candy I will come to your next party and play the piano backwards.  I can only play one song, but it will BLOW YOUR MIND! 

This sort of mentality will make us all rich some day.  Thanks, Amanda Palmer. 










No comments:

Post a Comment