Twelve Line Song



Sooooooo....... my brain has played a cruel little trick on me and my family. 


We are supposed to perform a song today that will be difficult to find the music to.  The song is by a little group called 8in8.  I've talked about this group a bit- it's a teaming of author Neil Gaiman, his wife Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds and Damian Kulash of OK Go. 

8in8 was formed, by Amanda Palmer, as an effort to write and record 8 songs in 8 hours.  They used Neil Gaiman for help with lyrics (he even sings a song!) and streamed the writing process live online.  In the end, they were able to write 6 songs in 12 hours.  I bought and downloaded the album here for a dollar:

http://music.amandapalmer.net/album/nighty-night

I love this idea, and I think the songs turned out to be pretty good.  Today's song (called "Twelve Line Song) is one of these songs.  Here's a clip if you want to hear it.  It's about a squirrel who commits suicide. 




As promised, here's our version of the song.  Such a strange little song- we had fun doing it anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, Peyton was cracking me up the entire time. You guys are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Peyton was cracking me up the entire time. You guys are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peyt's got quite the vibrato going, eh? My favorite was Jude's little smile the whole time. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete