Once and For All

I swear to you, I have not seen this movie since High School, maybe earlier.  Without any explanation, this song is playing in my head this morning.  It's from the musical NEWSIES, and it's the most random song from the show.  Here it is.....


I just found out that Newsies is making a comeback and has been adapted to the stage with professional productions touring. 

Here is me doing a Newsie kick to celebrate:

Don't make fun of my ghetto phone and how it can't take pictures.  Even though the picture didn't catch it, my foot nearly touched the ceiling because I'm so athletic and passionate about Newsie Kicks.   

I've heard everyone's whining about my family not performing enough on the blog and so I will appease you with a commitment to perform this week. 

I plan to blog Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  On those days, whoever I can round up to get involved, we will perform the song stuck in my head.  I will not make excuses and I will twist the arms of my opera singing wife and cute kids to get them involved.  It should be amazing, especially when we will be performing songs on the fly and unrehearsed.  What song will it be?  Stairway to Heaven?  Lou Lou, Skip to my Lou?  The theme song to Mr. Belvedere?  Stay tuned......

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I love Newsies. I agree this song is not the best on the movie. I was in a youth theatre program when I was younger and for some of our performances we just performed random songs. I am so proud to tell you that I have indeed sung and danced to many Newsies songs on stage. Seize the Day was my favorite. Bet you didn't know I was that cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were that cool, but now you've proven that you're even cooler! If, heaven forbid, we ever see eachother in person, we'll have to do a performance. It will be amazing.

      Delete