Live and Let Die



Today's song comes from probably the most famous song writer of all time.  It's from the 1973 James Bond movie, "Live and Let Die." 

I don't know if you know this, but Paul McCartney makes gobs and gobs of money from his music. 

FYI, I make gobs and gobs of money from this blog* from all the visits we get from all over the world.  Most of the visits are from my mom and the people she shows the blog to, so I have her to thank for this.  And since we have so much extra money** we have been able to get an exclusive interview*** with Sir Paul McCartney himself!  And to show appreciation for giving me life and showing my blog to so many people, my mom is going to do the interview:



My mom:  Thank you for being with us, Paul McCartney. 

Paul McCartney: The pleasure is mine. 

My mom:  Did you read my son's blog post when he talked about the Beatles and made a pie with Ringo's face?

PM:  No I didn't

MM:  It was so cute.  It was adorable. 

PM:  Oh, I'm sure (looks at watch)

MM:  So, how have you been?

PM:  Well.  Thank you. 

MM:  Have you been cleaning behind your ears?

PM:  Uh.... yes. 

MM:  That's good.  It's the nooks and crannies that are hardest to keep clean. 

PM:  Yes. 

MM:  So, did you see my son's blog post when he sang that adorable song with the kids?

PM:  Uh, no. 

MM:  Oh, you have to watch it.  YOU.  WILL.  DIE. 

PM:  I don't know that I have time....

(My mom pulls out her iPhone to show him the clip.  A few minutes pass, she can't figure out how to make it work)

PM:  I'll watch it later. 

MM:  OK.  Honestly Paul, you are adorable, just like I remember you when I was a rebellious teenager.  But really, you could use a haircut. 

PM:  (looks at watch) 

MM:  But anyway lets "Get Back" to the good stuff.  What's "A Day in the Life" like for Paul McCartney?

PM:  Really, it's not very interesting.  I play a bit of racquetball in the mornings, try to eat healthy....

MM:  Did you catch the Beatle song references in my question?

PM:  Uh....

MM:  Never Mind!  Now Paul, have you ever tried using Fuller Brand carpet stain remover?  It's the bestest!

PM:  ...... No offense, I really appreciate you making time for me, and you seem like you're a wonderful mum, but could we talk about music?

MM:  Of course, Paulie poo.  Tell us what it was like to work with John Lennon. 

PM:  (Looks at watch)  Uh... well, I've talked about this before, but, yeah, it was good. 

MM:  Are you still doing drugs?

PM:  Pardon me?  Did you really just ask me that?

MM:  (Looks him down)  A mother knows, Paul. 

PM:  I appreciate your time, but I've had enough of this nonsense.  I'd like to excuse myself. 

As McCartney stands up and walks out, he knocks over my Mom's vase that she got in Europe breaking it in half. 

MM:  This is why I can't have nice things, Paul McCartney

*This is a lie

**This is also a lie

***This is a big fat lie




5 comments:

  1. Lolz, I still can't get over the image of your Mom teaching Sir Paul McCartney about the book of Mormon. The more I look at that picture the funnier it gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Thank you for your help in making the picture look so real!

      Delete
  2. What am I going to do with you? Thanks for the chuckle today...and have you clipped your toenails lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a good sport, really I don't think you're a nag, just thought it was funny anyway.

      Delete
  3. Yep, I'm going to do it, I'm going to use the phrase I swore I would never use. Are you ready? Here it comes:

    LOL!

    Because that's what I did when I read this post.

    Thanks for keeping me entertained.

    ReplyDelete