Pinch Me

Who remembers this song, "Pinch Me" by Canadian band, Barenaked Ladies? 



I like to call this kind of song with a term I've just coined:  Canadian Sing-Rapping.  It's sung by Ed Robertson, one of two primary songwriters for this band.  You can hear what I'm talking about in the chorus of this song.  It's fun enough, but unfortunate to me when BNL has a whole slew of songs that are great pop-rock songs.  As far as I know, the only kind of considerable radio play these guys have had is with this kind of song. 

This is the first image that comes up when you Google "Canadian Sing Rapping."



It totally makes sense. 

Barenaked Ladies best music is when Steven Page is singing- he has one of the coolest voices.  If you don't believe me, then listen to any of these songs:  "What A Good Boy" "Break Your Heart" or "Call and Answer." 

Steven Page left the band a few years ago, and I have to be honest that I haven't been interested in their music ever since. 



No comments:

Post a Comment