Happier

Sometimes people ask me how certain songs get stuck in my head in the morning.  Truly there is no explanation.  I've been listening to music my whole life and I own nearly 8000 songs in my collection.  Usually when I listen to music, it's through my iPod and I usually shuffle albums when I listen.  I used to like to listen to just a shuffle of all songs, but I like to listen to the complete album better and usually can't decide which album to listen to, so I let the iPod do the choosing. 

So really what I listen to is usually music I like pretty good and it's pretty random what's playing if you find me.  I'm also inexplicably anal about not skipping songs.  It's how I learn to love new songs.

Today's song is from a singer-songwriter named Alison Sudol otherwise known as A Fine Frenzy. 



This is about someone choosing to move on in a relationship in order to be "happier."  My wife and kids have been vacationing in southern California while I stay at home to work.  Having them come home has made me much much "happier" and so the title is fitting, but the subject matter of the song is way off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment