Bright Whites

Heeeeeeey.

You know how much I love to share good music here.  It may be rare that it happens, but this is a song to which I think you should listen.

The artist is Kishi Bashi, and his album is great, but especially this song:



Kishi Bashi is part of a couple of other projects (Jupiter One, and of Montreal) and is clearly a unique talent.  I hope to hear much more of his stuff.

What's that you say?  This post isn't funny or entertaining enough for you?  Then I shall share with you an email I sent to my in-laws this week.  Hopefully it will make you laugh.  The response I got from my father-in-law was "LOL" and from what I hear, he doesn't use his LOL's lightly so that must mean I'm funny, right?  RIGHT?

A little background:  My in-laws live in a small town in Southern Utah.  All their children are grown up and have moved around the country and they are getting close to want to retire.  Their grown children are mostly found in Dallas, Texas, Cape Girardeau, Missouri and here in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Father-in-law has worked hard and now needs to find a way to be closer to his kids, especially the grand kids.  They have been struggling to decide where to relocate to be closer to everyone.  The email is a joke, meant to make them laugh.

Dear Mom and Dad-in-law,

I know that you are having an internal battle regarding your near

future and where to settle down.  I had this great idea this morning.
I just spent some time on Mapquest and found out the perfect location
to move.  Drumrolll.......

KEARNEY, NEBRASKA!


Here is why:


Kearney is almost exactly 10 hours from Salt Lake, Dallas and Cape

Girardeau.  It's the perfect middle ground for all your kids to reach.

If that hasn't convinced you enough, let me give you a few other reasons:


Kearney is really really nice.  It's also home to the Great Platte

River Road Archway Monument.  You can read up on this important
national landmark here:

http://www.archway.org/


Still not convinced, try this-  While living in Kearney, you will have

plenty and plenty and plenty of time to visit the Museum of Nebraska
Art (MONA)  which houses some important works of art

http://monet.unk.edu/mona/
 Remember, they are closed Mondays and
Holidays as you weighing the pros and cons of moving here.

If you're still feeling skeptical, I've found some prime real estate

for you to check out.

http://kearneynebraskarealestate.com/details.php?id=16387&table=ResidentialProperty


http://kearneynebraskarealestate.com/details.php?id=16573&table=ResidentialProperty


Still not convinced?  Here's my final huzzah to Kearney:


In the last 5 years they have only been hit by 3 tornados!!!!!


You will thank me years from now when you are settled into beautiful Kearney, NE


Love your favorite son-in-law,

Brady

3 comments:

  1. LOL indeed. It's kind of crazy to me that Nebraska is only ten hours from SLC. It feels like it's on a completely different planet. Of course Texas always felt the same way and yet here I am. And we just solved the mystery of why I never get the geography pie in trivial pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh....where's my shout out? I think I deserve something for introducing you ti Kishi Bashi...so awesome your testicles couldn't handle it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not giving credit where credit is due. PS- you're funny.

      Delete