Jump Into the Fire

I don't have much to say today, except this:  The song stuck in my head today is from a highly underrated singer songwriter, Harry Nilsson.  If I could give you any advise, more important even than getting married, buying a house, becoming a vegetarian or picking a favorite Olsen Twin movie, it would be to go and buy a Harry Nilsson CD.  Like, do it now.  Here are a few links to help make your decision easy and impulsive. 

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Nilsson-All-Time-Greatest-Hits/dp/B000002WD4/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1349824778&sr=8-22&keywords=harry+nilsson

http://www.amazon.com/The-Point/dp/B0041W1UGG/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1349824798&sr=8-21&keywords=harry+nilsson

http://www.amazon.com/Son-Of-Schmilsson/dp/B00138J6SK/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1349824815&sr=8-26&keywords=harry+nilsson

Now after you've listened to some of his songs you'll thank me. 

I bet you didn't know that when The Beatles arrived in America, they were asked who their favorite American singer was.  Both John and Paul said, Harry Nilsson. 


Harry Nilsson, Paul McCartney and John Lennon
Also, I bet you didn't know that Harry Nilsson died penniless in 1994. 

ALSO, I bet you didn't know that there is a documentary about Harry Nilsson called "Who is Harry Nilsson? (And Why is Everbody Talking About Him.")  I think you can stream it through Netflix.  I do recommend watching it. 



Anyway, today's song is called "Jump into the Fire."  It probably wouldn't be my first pick to show you, but it was today's song, so you have no choice. 



Hope you liked it, and I hope that the Harry Nilsson CD you bought will give you years and years of happiness and joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment